The Ministry Associate for Student Discipleship will oversee the church’s existing ministry to students (sixth to twelfth grade). The Ministry Associate is a full-time staff member of South River Baptist Church and is accountable to the church membership through the supervision of the Senior Pastor. He reports to the Pastor for Family Ministry and Missons. He is expected to work an average of 35 hours per week. The position begins as an internship for six months and then will be evaluated for consideration to serve on the pastoral staff.
- Direct all volunteers who work with students, seeking to enhance the various student ministries (i.e., Sunday School, GROW, VBS, Summer Camp).
- Incorporate spiritual growth lessons into all student activities at South River.
- Serve as a resource to the VBS Director in planning, conducting, and evaluating the annual Vacation Bible School.
- Work with Pastoral staff to develop Family Driven Faith focus in ministry areas.
- Work with Family Pastor for meaningful summer experiences in weeklong camp and once a week activity.
- Ensure a safe environment for students physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Serve as a spiritual role model for students.
- Whatever is assigned by Senior Pastor.
- Must possess a vibrant faith in Jesus Christ.
- Must have a definite call to Family Ministry seeking to strengthen the faith of parents and students.
- Must pursue a college degree or have equivalent past experience ministering with students.
- Must fulfill the standard for ministers found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Must be creative, energetic, organized, kind-hearted, patient, and caring.
- Must hunger for God and His Word.
Please send resumes to:
Chris Thompson, PhD
Headmaster, Headwaters Christian Academy
Senior Pastor, South River Baptist Church
2659 S. Chipley Ford Rd
Statesville, NC 28625